Unit History
Camp Carson was opened in February of 1942. Health Care Support to include dental was provided to the installation via a Station Hospital which was activated in June of the same year. At that time, the Senior Dental Officer reported directly to the Installation Commander. In 1969, with the establishment of the Medical Department Activity (MEDDAC), the Senior Dental Officer was designated as the Director of Dental Services and reported to the Hospital Commander. Then on 24 March 1978, the Dental Activity (DENTAC) as it exists today was established. The DENTAC Commander is again directly responsible to the local Installation Commanding General.

Physically, the DENTAC is spread over five different structures. There are four dental clinics: the Hospital Dental Clinic is in Evans Army Community Hospital, Smith Dental Clinic, Larson Dental Clinic and Dental Clinic #1 and the Headquarters area.

The DENTAC provides advanced training in General Dentistry through a one year program for up to eight residents. The Mountain Post has three dental officers directly assigned to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, and 10th Special Forces Group. The DENTAC also provides officers and soldiers to support the 10th CSH.

The Dental Activity provides the full complement of diagnostic care, treatment, and consultation services to Active Duty Soldiers of the Mountain Post.

 Home

 Welcome Letter
            Commander
            1SG

 Incoming Personnel

 Command Team

 Dental Clinics

            Dental Clinic #1
            Dental Clinic #2
            Larson Clinic
            Oral Surgery
            Smith Clinic
            SRP Clinic

 Mission Statement

 Unit History

 Civilian Personnel


 DENCOM



Welcome to the beautiful Mountain Post of Fort Carson Colorado